Self Worth Quotes Images : Wanting to be liked means being a supporting character in your own life, using the cues of the actors around you to determine your next line rather than your own script. It means that your self-worth will always be tied to what someone else thinks about you, forever out of your control.
- Wanting to be liked means being a supporting character in your own life, using the cues of the actors around you to determine your next line rather than your own script. It means that your self-worth will always be tied to what someone else thinks about you, forever out of your control.
– Jessica Valenti
- Empathy goes a long way, for sure. We cannot have healthy, loving, mutually respectful relationships without it. But we’re not psychic. At least I’m not. And intuition can only take you so far, especially when a person’s sense of safety, comfort, and self-worth hangs in the balance.
– Tony Goldwyn
- If you do base your life on how many touchdowns you score, how many championships you win, then when you have a setback, then when you have an injury, you’re not playing, or something goes wrong, your self-worth goes down.
– Tim Tebow
- Encouraging young people to believe in themselves and find their own voice whether it’s through writing, drama or art is so important in giving young people a sense of self-worth.
– Michael Morpurgo
- You may be basing a portion of your self-worth on your bank account without even realizing it. Try to pinpoint the activities and qualities that, free of charge, fulfill you.
– Jean Chatzky
- I was on a path that could’ve really led to disaster, and the one thing for me that really kept me focused and gave me something to believe in and a sense of self-worth and a discipline was music.
- I’ve seen a lot of people in my life base their self-worth on what job they book or don’t book, what car they drive, or whether they can afford a house deposit or not.
– Rachel Shenton
- When I was younger, my whole sense of self-worth was based on whether or not I was working, which was awful. And I had a baby at 20 years old, so it wasn’t just about me. At around the age of 30 there was a stretch where I wasn’t working – certainly not on anything I liked, anyway – and I started to do other things.
– Kiefer Sutherland
- You’re not going to get every part, so you can’t base your sense of self-worth around whether or not you actually land the job.
– Autumn Reeser
- I have learned to become not an M.D. but a ‘C.D.’ for the wounded people I meet. Yes, a ‘Chosen Dad’ who may not like their behavior but loves and reparents them and helps them to heal their lives and find self-worth and self-esteem and save their lives.
– Bernie Siegel
- My mom gave me enough self-worth to carry me through difficult experiences. She was very loving and accepting. She was like, ‘Whelp, you’re gay? OK, cool.’
– Jillian Michaels
- But, clearly to me, what I’ve come to see is that that happened because I didn’t have enough feelings of self-worth. So that I didn’t feel that… I was worthy of being number one to a man.
– Monica Lewinsky
- Because bankers measure their self-worth in money, and pay themselves a lot of it, they think they’re fine fellows and don’t need to explain themselves.
– James Buchan
- When you become a slave to a public persona and don’t feel comfortable without it, it becomes a shield, and it shouldn’t come at the expense of your self-worth.
– Gugu Mbatha-Raw
- If you feel like the beginning of your history is rooted in slavery, that really, I think, messes with your sense of self, your self-esteem, and your self-worth.
– David Oyelowo
- I know what it’s like to turn the page of a magazine and not see anyone like you. It takes a lot, a lot, a lot of talking to yourself to confirm your self-worth.
– Prabal Gurung
- Sure, the job of high school teachers is not to tear down students’ self-esteem. But it’s certainly not to inflate students’ sense of self-worth with a bunch of unearned compliments and half-truths.
– LZ Granderson
- When you get into your 40s, it’s all about lighting. It’s hard. You have to face whether the way you look is your self-worth or not. Once you get beyond that, it’s all about what’s in your heart.
– Elisabeth Shue
- I was so depressed for so many years over trying to become a working comedian that my sense of self-worth would plummet.
– Bob Saget
- When I’ve lost weight, some fans get very upset because they want me to stay curvy. But my own self-worth and wellness regime has to do with my well-being and longevity, so if I make the choice to take care of myself, and the outcome is losing weight, it’s disappointing that there might be some backlash.
– Sara Ramirez
- I felt like a failure, like somehow my self-worth was tied to my ability to procreate. I didn’t feel like I could talk about it. I did not want other people’s pity, so I mostly kept my story and my feelings to myself.
– Virginia Williams
- Trump is somebody who sees the media as basically his main constituency. So much of his self-worth and his image and his view of what the presidency should be about is the media and how he is reflected in the media.
– David Fahrenthold
- I wasn’t always a minimalist. I used to buy a lot of things, believing that all those possessions would increase my self-worth and lead to a happier life. I loved collecting a lot of useless stuff, and I couldn’t throw anything away.
– Fumio Sasaki
- I think if you’re young and you’re being compared with a successful family member, it’s really hard to maintain any sense of self-worth and credibility.
– Duncan Jones
- If a person’s self-worth derives from being the only woman in the field, how much affection can she feel toward another woman who might challenge that claim to fame?
– Eileen Pollack
- My characters are much more famous than I am, so I don’t crave attention; I just crave working and doing good work. Having a feeling of self-worth.
– Kayvan Novak
- We women often gauge our own self-worth by the quality of our interactions with our lovers. And often these interactions are interpreted for, described for, processed by our women friends. Relationships are the conduits through which flows our connection with each other.
– Carrie Preston
- All the research shows that being married, with all its ups and downs, is by far the most effective way of making young men law-abiding and giving them a sense of purpose and self-worth.
– Ferdinand Mount
- I loved making ‘Rising Sun’. I got into the psychology of why she liked to get strangled and tied up in plastic bags. It has to do with low self-worth.
– Tatjana Patitz
- I think that Mama June has the greatest self-esteem on the planet. I always say to people, ‘If I had her self-worth, I would probably be ruling the world.’
– Blake McIver Ewing
- I never read reviews – I never have. I’ve never read message boards, either. I’m just not interested in it in any way – I’m not interested in it inflating my ego, and I’m not interested in it improving my self-worth. So, I don’t read them.
– Kate Levering